Yes, the go green movement has made it’s mark on the wedding industry. Many brides are looking for ways to incorporate eco chic into their celebrations. I’m going to share some great ideas with you over several entries. The first of which will cover ideas for invites, programs & place cards.
Look for the following key terms when considering your options:
– Use 100% post-consumer recycled paper
– Try alternative fibers including hemp, kenaf or bamboo
– Ask if soy based ink is available
Check out the folks at Greenfield Paper – they’ve made paper from wildflower seeds, yes seeds! These are so environmentally friendly you can actually PLANT the paper & grow flowers when you are finished!
Ideas for placecards/holders
– Look to nature – consider using leaves with a ribbon, river rocks, or even fruit for placecards. You can use a sharpie or even a stamp to personalize these natural options.
– Collect everyday items like corks as placecard holders & use recycled paper to print the guests names, cut a slit in the cork & you are finished. Save these after the event and make a unique corkboard or trivet to use.
Other great eco-friendly paper resources:
Twisted Limb Paper
Of the Earth
Formal-Invitations (great for plain DIY options)