***DISCLAIMER: Don’t read on an empty stomach. Only because you will be craving everything once you get to the end.***
When it comes to choosing what dessert to serve at your wedding, don’t settle on something you don’t like. There are so many alternative cake options out there – all wonderfully delicious – your guests won’t even care that there’s no actual wedding cake! If you know me, you know I’m a lover of all things sweet, so this post was fairly easy 🙂
1. Cookie Table – Who can say no to homemade cookies and a tall glass of ice cold milk? You can also provide bags so your guests and take a couple home with them.
2. Cake Pops – Cake on a stick. Easy to eat and small enough you can try a few flavors without feeling guilty.
3. Waffle Bar – There are few things better than a Belgian waffle topped with nutella and whipped cream and possibly ice cream. May I introduce you to heaven in your mouth.
4. Doughnuts – Don’t want to buy pre-decorated ones? You can also make it fun for your guests by getting unglazed flavors and putting out icings and toppings for everyone to create their own.
5. Ice Cream Bar – As a Cincinnatian, I’m extra partial to Graeter’s 🙂
6. Pies – You can have individuals ones for all your guests or lots of large ones for slices.
7. Dessert Cups – There are so many different options out there – strawberry cheesecake, hot fudge sundae, tiramasu. Your guests will have no trouble finding one (or 2) they’d like to try.
8. Dessert Bar – I know there’s a wedding cake on the table, but the display is gorgeous and it’s from Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds’ wedding so I couldn’t not include it.
9. Cheesecake – Yes, cake is in this name too, but it isn’t traditional cake! You can still have the beautiful cake display and cake cutting, but with cheesecake instead.
10. Rice Krispie Treats – I’ve never seen this before, but absolutely LOVE the idea of your wedding cake made out of rice krispie treats (and not just that stuff they use to mold on cake decorating shows).